- GOOD WORK -JS
- I hope they look at this letter seriously. Somehow I don’t think they will but we all have to keep the pressure on them. If we could get a zero increase, it would be a very successful goal.
The CTA received a copy of this correspondence from Bill Thompson to Mayor Brocanier
To mayor and council
I am 100% opposed to this waiver of $303,623.00 of development fees requested by a private enterprise for a new medical building.
Being a private enterprise ,it should not be granted this gratis waiver which may reflect solely on Cobourg taxpayers while all Northumberland County residents may avail themselves of the medical services provided.
Ranking of Issues according to Supporter feedback
- Transparency of Holdco operations and finances
- Cost/Benefit justification for town spending
- Town governance and Coordinator Syndrome
- High cost of police and fire protection
- Downtown Vitalization and CIVI
- Cobourg Community Centre operating costs
Warren McCarthy gave a brief history of how the CTA came into existence. Lydia Smith, CTA President, outlined what the CTA is all about. You can view the complete details of what the CTA stands for by viewing it here. Dennis Nabieszko, CTA Secretary, asked supporters to identify their issues and help to prioritize the ones the CTA is working on.