1. The Cobourg Taxpayers Association (CTA) is committed to protecting your privacy. The CTA adheres to strict policies to prevent any unauthorized access or use of personal information.
2. In all instances, personal information is voluntarily submitted by you. The information which you provide is used to send or provide updates, information, and appeals on CTA issues and campaigns. The information is not used for any other purposes.
3. We do not, under any circumstances publish, disclose, sell, exchange, or give away personal information which we have collected from you, without your explicit approval to do so. We may share aggregate information about our supporter base, stripped of any personally identifiable information, to third parties in order to comply with reporting obligations, and for business or marketing purposes
4. Access to all personal information is restricted to CTA officers, employees and authorized agents only.
5. Occasionally, the CTA provides information about other organizations or online links. The CTA does not take any responsibility for the privacy policies of these organizations, and encourages users to review the privacy policies of such organizations through their web sites or by contacting them.
6. The CTA may regularly organize petition campaigns both online and through signature collection on paper. The names and addresses collected on these petitions, whether signed online or in person, are presented to the designated politician or body to whom the petition is addressed. Subject to paragraph 3 above, the CTA may also choose to send or provide information about itself to individuals who have added their name to a petition.
7. To review your personal information collected by the CTA or to be removed from our lists, please direct your request by filling in the contact form.
8. The CTA complies with the federal Protection of Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act and all relevant provincial legislation.