The Cobourg Taxpayers Association met with the Waterfront Consultants, thinc design, to provide input on some key points with regards to the waterfront. Highlights of the input:
- The need to distinguish between wants versus needs. We have asked that a clear needs/wants definition and designation be provided for each project.
- We ask that the consulting solutions should be simple and cost-effective.
- With regards to the Trailer Park, we are opposed to the area being used for a boutique hotel/spa and believe that the waterfront belongs to the people of Cobourg.
- Improve the financial viability of the Marina.
- A Travel Lift is not financially viable.
You can read the complete report provided to the consultants here:
You can listen to the meeting with the Consultants here: